Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

15 week Doc. Appt.

On Wednesday I had my regular monthly appointment with Dr. Dyar. I mentioned to him that I was having this pain right under my rib cage. He said, how are you reacting to fatty foods? I thought for a second and didn't think that was a problem. He said, well I want to see you back fairly soon for an ultrasound to look at your Gallbladder. That's not what I had expected or wanted to hear. Of course, ultrasound that's great because he said we could peek at the babies too, but Gallbladder now that's not good.

Drew and I lost some sleep over that for a couple nights. Going through Gallbladder surgery with twins is not what we or the doctor wanted.

Needless to say, we went back on Friday for my fasting (yes fasting - who does that to a pregnant women...) ultrasound and everything was fine. My kidneys, liver and gallbladder look great. I have been coughing a ton (which I told him about) due to two different colds I have gotten and he said most likely you have torn a muscle or broken a rib from coughing so much. The good news it's just that, but the bad news is that I am stuck with the pain until these little people are born. He said, if you were not pregnant you could take Motrin for the inflammation, but since you can't that the healing process will not start until they are born. :-(

Anyways, we got to look at our beautiful babies during this appointment and we are so excited to announce that......................... see the above post!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment