Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome 2010! Surprise!

(The above ultrasound was done on Dec. 30th (at 11 weeks) 2nd ultrasound.)
Yes, that's right... we are pregnant and having TWINS! Are you as shocked as we were...?!? Well the shock is wearing off slowly for us.
As a lot of you know, Drew and I have been trying to grow our family for quite some time now. We found out in early Nov. (I think it was Nov.) that I was pregnant and on Dec. 18th (I will never forget the day) we found out we are having twins. Never in my dreams did I think we would be having twins. You ask, "how are we going to do it," well my answer is I really don't know. I just know some how some way we will. Needless to say, Drew and I went through and are still going through a "process" as I like to call it. Excepting the fact that our family is growing by two rather than one is a hard thing to grasp. It's not how we had it planned, but as a lot of us know life doesn't always turn out how we plan it. I worry about A LOT (that's just my nature anyways), but this is a different kind of worry. All I know is for some reason our amazing Lord has chosen Andrew and I to be parents to three children. I don't understand why we were chosen and I am still asking why, but I do know that we will do the best that we know how to do and pray to God every day for health, happiness, and safety. Our family and friends have been amazingly supportive. I've had lots of offers to help, so for those of you who have offered, I hope your offer still stands, because I will need you in so many ways and on so many levels.
My estimated due date is July 19th. My doctor says I will most likely not make it that far. He says most woman with twins deliver around 37 to 38 weeks.
Please, please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers over the next several months. I will do my best to keep the blog updated with news over the next several months. We have not told Cameron yet, but we plan to very soon. I want to make it a special announcement for him. :-)
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jack's Family said...

WHEW! It is out there and published. It is officially real now:) I am very happy for you and as you said, You HAVE been chosen and these two something-or-others and Cameron are sure very lucky!!

The Carlands said...

Thanks, Stephanie. I'm still scared, but I just have to rely on my faith.

Post a Comment