Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Appt. with Perinatalogist

Tuesday I had my appointment with the specialist. I saw Dr. Allen and he was great. The appointment took a long time as she measured every square inch of Baby A and Baby B. The tech measured the thigh bone, shoulder bone, head - front and back, abdomen, heart and brain. You could actually see the 4 chambers of their hearts and the 2 hemispheres of their brains. It was quite amazing! Although, I was not too impressed with the 3d images that they printed out for us, but apparently they can see exactly what they need to see. Dr. Allen was able to zero in on their hearts and really take a look to make sure they were developing like they should and there were no holes in their hearts. All checked out very well for both babies. Interesting information was that one baby is measuring at 20 weeks 5 days and the other is measuring 20 weeks and 3 days - ahead of schedule. Also, one baby is measuring at 14 ounces and the other is measuring at 12 ounces - which from what I have researched at 20 weeks normal weight would be 10.5 ounces. So these boys are measuring ahead of schedule and are growing very well. I am pretty sure they told us that Baby A is the bigger baby. Definitely Baby A is the more active one - he doesn't like to stay still on the ultrasound for very long. Cameron was the same way.


I have a feeling our boys are going to be on the bigger side of twins. Yikes! I will post a picture of the 3d ultrasound soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment